Skip to content

I’m feelin’ good.

7 May 2009

(Two posts in one day! She’s toying with fate, knowing some days she has nothing to say. That rhymed. As an intro should.)

Running today was hard…again. An absolutely gorgeous May morning, was out for almost an hour, but I still didn’t feel at my best. Not yet. I’m getting better, and I still love the feeling of being all sweaty, but I haven’t reached that teeth-vibrating, ears-pulsing, self-loving level of awesomeness yet.

I’m reminded of a song.
Feeling Good. It’s kind of an old one. Feel free to visit iTunes if you need to and then come back. Look for Nina Simone, Michael Buble, various members of the Rat Pack.

I’ve liked this song for a while, like I enjoy most standard/Frank Sinatra type music.  But I didn’t really catch on until recently what I think the song actually means.  It would be easy enough to interpret this as a love song. After all, aren’t about 99% of songs about love?  (The other 1% being about Christmas, Jesus, or tractors. And even then, the tractor is sexy.)  But I don’t think this is really about love, so much as it is about feeling good, just purely feeling good, for the hell of it.  Observe:

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel
River runnin’ free you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree you know how I feel
It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me
And I’m feelin good

I think it has a lot to do with being and doing exactly what you were meant to.  Doesn’t that seem nice and freeing?  Fish in the sea, blossoms in trees. They’re all just doin’ like the do.
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin.
Wow, quoting the Bible (or at least paraphrasing) twice in one week. Momma would be proud. But it’s wise and it’s true. The natural world has something figured out.
Don’t worry. Be Happy.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: